Hey y’all! Sydney’s back, and ready for some JHU grub!
At the Fresh Food Cafe, where all freshman eat, there are tons of different options. I usually opt for the vegetarian station, not because I’m a vegetarian, but because I like the vegetables they have (Note: get a veggie stir-fry…then go put chicken on it. That’s my go-to!). My absolute favorite meal at the vegetarian station: Black Bean Cakes. And I, after seeing it made so many times, can let you in on the secrets of this delicacy.
Ingredients to make 3 sandwiches:
-1 green onion
-1 can of black beans, strained and rinsed
-1/4 sweet red pepper
- canola oil (enough to coat a pan)
-3 slices of cheese (of your preference)
- 3 large lettuce leaves
-3 kaiser rolls
1. Clean the lettuce, pepper, and green onion.
2. Finely chop the red pepper and green onion.
3. Mash all the black beans in a bowl.
4. Mix the chopped veggies and mashed beans together. When evenly mixed, form them into patties.
5. In a pan coated with canola oil, cook the cakes until decently crispy.
7. Admire and eat with pride.
So now, all you prospective students can know what the food at JHU is like…without even leaving the comfort of your own kitchen. Happy eating!