This is a quick update for all of our Early Decision applicants who have been eagerly waiting since submitting their applications. Here’s what you need to know:
- Early Decision notifications will be released around 6:00 p.m. EST on Friday, December 14, 2012.
- You will access your decision through a decision release site. In order to get the log-in information for that, you’ll need to set up your account through the Johns Hopkins University Integrated Student Information System (ISIS). Never heard of that? Don’t panic. We’re sending out an e-mail to ALL applicants on December 7 that will include detailed instructions for accessing ISIS (or, if you have already attended CTY or a summer program here, you’ll be directed to re-activate your JHED ID.) You should log in now for two reasons: one, to make sure you’re all ready to access your decision once they’re released on the 14th; and two, by logging into ISIS, you’ll be able to check the status of your Financial Aid application and see any outstanding items. (Note: We don’t currently have a way to check your admissions application status online. At this point, we have already contacted those students who were missing any items from their applications. If you haven’t heard from us, your application is complete and you’re good to go!)
- Follow the instructions in the log-in e-mail carefully. If you get stuck or run into problems, call our office at (410) 516-8171 and we’ll talk you through it.
- We’ll send out an e-mail on December 14th letting everyone know when the decisions are ready. That e-mail will contain a link to the decision release site. Once you get there, use your ISIS (or, for some students, your JHED) ID and password.
- On December 14th, our office will have extended hours until 7:00 p.m. EST to assist students who are having problems accessing their decisions. Any other questions will be addressed during normal business hours the following week.
- If you don’t receive the e-mail on December 7 with your log-in information, try these things before calling us:
- Check all e-mail accounts, including your parents’ and any others you might’ve used throughout your college application process. We’ll send all official communications to the e-mail you supplied on your application.
- Check your spam/junk folders. Sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) our e-mails get caught up in spam filters.
- If you still don’t have the e-mail, call or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get it figured out.
Good luck to all of our applicants!