Hello, friends! As you may have guessed, it’s been a busy, busy few months in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For our Regular Decision applicants who have been eagerly awaiting information about decision release, here it is!
- Regular Decision notifications will be released around 5:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 28, 2013.
- You will access your decision through a decision release site. In order to get the log-in information for that, you’ll need to set up your account through the Johns Hopkins University Integrated Student Information System (ISIS). At this point, all applicants should have received instructions on logging into ISIS, either through our office or the Office of Student Financial Services if you’ve applied for aid. You should log in now for two reasons: one, to make sure you’re all ready to access your decision once they’re released on the 28th; and two, by logging into ISIS, you’ll be able to check the status of your financial aid application and see any outstanding items. (Note: We don’t currently have a way to check your admissions application status online. At this point, we have already contacted those students who were missing any items from their applications. If you haven’t heard from us, your application is complete and you’re good to go!)
- Follow the instructions in the log-in e-mail carefully. If you get stuck or run into problems, call our office at (410) 516-8171 and we’ll talk you through it. Some things you can try if you are having issues: Refresh your browser. Close out completely and re-open the page in a new window. Or, even if you think you haven’t been able to set a password, try the password recovery link anyway.
- We’ll send out an e-mail on March 28 letting everyone know when the decisions are ready. That e-mail will contain a link to the decision release site. Once you get there, use your ISIS (or, for some students, your JHED) ID and password to log-in and receive your decision and follow any pertinent instructions.
- On March 28, our office will have extended hours until 7:00 p.m. ET to assist students who are having problems accessing their decisions. Any other questions will be addressed during normal business hours the following day.
- If you haven’t yet received your e-mail with log-in instructions, try the following things:
- Check all e-mail accounts, including your parents’ and any others you might’ve used throughout your college application process. We’ll send all official communications to the e-mail you supplied on your application.
- Check your spam/junk folders. Sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) our e-mails get caught up in spam filters.
- If you still don’t have the e-mail, call or e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get it figured out.
Good luck to all of our applicants!