Waiting for a decision this important can be hard—especially if you’re an Early Decision applicant who has been eagerly waiting since submitting your application back in November. That’s why we wanted to give a quick update on the upcoming decision release process.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Early Decision notifications will be released around 3:00 p.m. Eastern on Friday, December 13, 2013.
- You will access your decision through a special website. In order to have the necessary log-in credentials, you’ll need to set up your account beforehand. Haven’t done that yet? Don’t panic—there’s still time. But, you should set up your account as soon as possible.
- We sent out an e-mail to ALL applicants on December 2 that included detailed instructions for establishing your password. If you didn’t receive it, check your spam folder before you panic.
(Follow the instructions in the log in e-mail carefully. If you get stuck or run into problems, (or if you never received the e-mail and it’s not in your spam folder) call our office at (410) 516-8171 and we’ll talk you through it.)
- At this point, we have already contacted those students who were missing any items from their applications. If you haven’t heard from us, your application is complete and you’re good to go!
- Decisions will be ready at 3 p.m. on December 13, but we’ll send an e-mail to remind you. That e-mail will contain a link to the decision release site. Once you get there, use your e-mail address and password (which you set up in the second bullet above) to log in.
- On December 13, our office will have extended hours until 7:00 p.m. Eastern to answer phone calls and e-mails from students who are having problems accessing their decisions. Any other questions will be addressed during normal business hours the following week.
- If you didn’t receive the e-mail on December 2 with your log-in information, try these things before calling us:
- Check all e-mail accounts, including your parents’ and any others you might’ve used throughout your college application process. We’ll send all official communications to the e-mail you supplied on your application.
- Check your spam/junk folders. Sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) our e-mails get caught up in spam filters.
- If you still don’t have the e-mail, call or e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get it figured out.
Good luck to all of our applicants!