Last April as part of our now defunct Fun Blog, the Hopkins Interactive students experimented with what became know as “Mascot Blogs.” The admittedly silly entries had one of the H.I. students selecting from three adopted (purchased) stuffed mascots. Then in a traveling gnome style series, the students and mascot went on mini-vacations or campus excursions that were documented in blog form. We all admit that ridiculous nature of these entries, but also feel they were a neat way to give everyone out there a feel for Hopkins, Baltimore, and the worldly experiences of our students.
Well, the mascots will be back. And to get you all excited we though during this holiday week we would provide re-caps of the mascot travels this past spring and summer.
ENJOY and stay tuned!!!
- Start with the first post that introduces you to our three mascots, Henri de Lafayette, Anne-Jay Leena, and Eleanor Smythe; April 2, 2007.
- Henri makes the first trip with Esther, visiting Rhode Island, Montreal, and New York; April 12, 2007.
- Anne-Jay also visited Canada (Toronto to be specific) during spring break with Stefanie; April 16, 2007.
- Eleanor’s first adventure was with Michelle T. as they spent some time on-campus, at a HEAT rally and then did laundry together; April 18, 2007.
- Anne-Jay decided to fly solo and attend an admitted student open house to confirm Hopkins was the right place to attend, July 9, 2007.
- Henri decided it was time to crack the books so Kate escorted him to the MSE Library, July 16, 2007.
- Andrew and Anne-Jay had a sleep over and then she shadowed him during his morning routine, July 23, 2007.
- Henri accompanied Ramy to the Blue Jay Cafe and they decided to try to pick-up girls; July 30, 2007.
- Anne-Jay tagged along with Tanmay to the Inner Harbor during an admitted student visit program; August 6, 2007.
- Henri and Blake headed to the Swirnow Theatre to enjoy a Dunbar Baldwin Hughes production; August 13, 2007.
- Liny and Roxi kept Eleanor busy escorting her sailing on the Inner Harbor and to various Spring Fair events; August 20, 2007.
- Eleanor shadowed Michelle B. during the summer at her various jobs and research; August 29, 2007.