Summertime in Baltimore is a breath of fresh air; or, we should say, a breath smelling of freshly steamed crabs covered in Old Bay. Weekend festivals and farmers’ markets are in full force, you can hear the roar of “Oh!” during the national anthem at an Orioles baseball game, and there are plenty of (free!) things to do around the city.
Here are 5 of our favorite free things to do during the summer time:
- Quench your curiosity at a number of free museums, including the Baltimore Museum of Art (located right on the Homewood Campus).
- Let your imagination wander during Artscape, the nation’s largest free arts festival.
- Go back in time as you walk the cobblestone streets of the historic Fells Point.
- Bike or walk the waterfront path, stretching all the way from Federal Hill to Canton.
- Bring a picnic to Patterson Park, nicknamed “The Best Backyard in Baltimore” and recently named one of the 15 best city parks in America by Thrillist.
While you’re in Baltimore, why not stop by the beautiful Homewood campus for a visit? We’d love to see you here!