As 2015 waves us goodbye and 2016 whispers its sweet promises of the new year, there is an ample amount of new experiences that I hope to encounter in the days to come at Johns Hopkins. Here, I am privy to the overflow of unlocked potentials, open doors of opportunities within and beyond our campus. There is absolutely no excuse in staying lackadaisical in your dorm during one’s stay at Hopkins. Complied here are a couple feats I am looking forward to accomplishing in the new coming spring semester of Freshmen year.
- Joining a volunteer extracurricular activity.
- Fending off the gains of Freshmen 15 by regular visits to the gym.
- Going on a spontaneous trip to Washington D.C. via the train.
- Doing an Random Act of Kindness to a stranger/peer/professor at least once a week.
- Using more meal swipes at the FFC.
- Researching about an internship position at a hospital during the summer.
- Getting a hot dog covered in crab meat macaroni and cheese at Stuggy’s
- Staying hydrated.
- Visiting the National Aquarium.
- Finding a mentor.
- Going to Peabody and try learning a new instrument.
- Participating in The HOP held events.
- Cheering for the Blue Jays at a sports event.
- Contacting family more often throughout the year.
- Taking time off studies to have quality time with friends, exploring the Charm City together.
May 2016 bring greater peace to the world, stronger passion in our pursuits, and deeper love in relationships.